To my knowledge, no one else is writing this. So it's a unique idea. The problem is that I have to make freedom and sex sound terrible without it becoming absurd. Wish me luck.
The following is a list of ideas and general notes. (< > denote notes added for general consumption on Paul Presents:):
- There is a frame story told in present third person subjective from Rapunzel's perspective. Eugene is reading The Tales of Flynnigan Rider to her. <This provides a logical reason for Eugene to talk about his past and is a halfway decent excuse for me to write Rapunzel.>
- Three or four years have passed. Their marriage status is ambiguous. Rapunzel is no longer naive, but still completely sincere and highly inquisitive. She's adjusted well enough. Her classes have concluded, but she still regularly visits tutors of her choosing. (Carefully avoid territory covered by Ned, Fabulist, et al. They did it better than you could ever dream of.) <These details won't really be seen in the story, but they're things I need to know before I can have her say or do anything.>
- Nothing is expected of Eugene by the royalty or kingdom except that he stay out of trouble and one day impregnate Rapunzel. This is very grating to him, so he sets out on his own business ventures. He has a big hit and is made independently with Flynnigan Rider's Brewery and Roasted Meats. His relationships with the King and Queen are excellent. He doesn't know anything about his biological parents and doesn't care to. A few imposters have tried to claim him as their son. He's now 25~26.(In this story, he never would have made it to 26 in Flynn mode.) <Again, these are only details for the frame and probably won't appear in story.>
- The actual story is Eugene speaking in first person past tense. (Rapunzel doesn't interrupt.) <Mostly because I haven't read a Tangled fanfic written in first person. It's an easy way to do something a little different.>
- The first story details life in the weeks following his running away from the orphanage. He is about 15.